'Biased' Skirt

How brilliant is this technique????? I was filling in time prowling through creative images when I came across a tutorial at "a big dill". The finished garment on this site is a very biased skirt for a lucky little girl...

http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-very-biased-skirt/2010/09/02/

This technique intrigued me, so I hunted out a simple skirt pattern, grabbed some khaki drill fabric and sorted out a matching group of left-over thin fabric that I had that would be suitable.

And the end result....

Where are the biased strips???? Well, instead of completing the entire skirt in the technique, I only used them as a feature panel down each side....
Really has a slimming effect when worn. Making the bias strips was a little on the 'time consuming' side, but the end result was well worth it. I ended up only using 4 feature fabrics. Any more and I think the effect would have been lost. So one pattern and three plains that suited the khaki skirt fabric did the job. And with each being cut on the bias they give a creative element when placing each piece. I attached the finished side strip onto a lining fabric to give it all some strength...
Here are a few more views...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Impromptu Gulf Coast Bikini

Rainbow quilt