Ice Cream Season...

Well it is right in the middle of ice cream weather here ...
 
... and when I think of ice cream, I think of Sorbetto, and then naturally the sewing brain kicks in and translates it all to a Sorbetto top ...
Around the blogs there has been numerous versions of this little top since its arrival on the 'free' market back in May last year. Finally I have printed the pattern and given it a try. So many variations on this top - from buttons, to pleats, to folds, tucks and lace.

My first version is fairly basic, just a few buttons added down the front. But my second version I went to town on. It is now dubbed the 'Wonky Sorbetto', asymmetrical in design with a double frilly piece added to the front and taken to mid-way along the back neckline. Also, the front pleat is opened out and left loose. 
The frill pieces and the front pleat have had the hems rolled, and then caught up under the binding around the neck edge. 
And the back is plain, just with the frill finishing into the middle of the neckline...
This is a brilliant fitting little top, and I will be making several more based on the pattern. Such an easy little to to 'quirk-up' and make your own. 
Just like ice cream, if you have eaten home-made ice cream you will never go back to store brought, and similarly, once you have made a Sorbetto top you won't go back to RTW purchases...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt