Striped Sorbetto (melting)...

Another Sorbetto! Some fellow bloggers love these tops, others are well and truly sick to death of them.  Me, I am in the mood for some quick little tops, that whip up in a matter of hours. 2 pattern pieces plus whatever else you personally wish to add and that is it. No zippers, invisible or otherwise, no buttons, buttonholes or interfacing. No extra trips back to the shops to pick up forgotten accessories. Just you, 2 pattern pieces (which are free) and a small amount of fabric. Sometimes you just need the basics...
This top is made from a striped shirting fabric, in chambray, white and cream. Very cool to touch and versatile with a few of my current skirts. To the basic Sorbetto pattern (which I love at the moment) I added a pleated section down the front, cut across the grain of the fabric. But I think the pleating detail is lost amongst the stripe of the fabric. This wider pleated detail extends down below the hemline, similar to a top Shams made a few weeks back.

Then from under this front strip I added another pleated strip up and over the right shoulder, which extends partway down the back.
To match in  the front I added a small placket at the top of the back, from which another pleated strip comes from that extends over the left shoulder to hang down the front.


So that is it in a nutshell, another easy top for the week. My only delima on this top is whether or not to use a thin strip of ribbon over the top of the stitching which holds the pleated details on!!!! It actually looks worse in the photos (yes, I did go and check). If not ribbon then maybe a few buttons...

Off for a dip in the pool, before a late Sunday BBQ ...


So, did I make any changes the next day to this top???? Look here...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt