Seersucker Social 2012


Trena and Cidell


Bike Parking
It was a weekend of biking and extravaganza!  Saturday was the Dandies and Quaintrelles Seersucker Social.  You may remember the Tweed Ride Cidell and I did in the Fall.  The Spring version is a garden party.  I was out of town for it last year so this was my first time.

Unfortunately, I had a terrible cold and made the HUGE mistake of trying to take medicine for it Friday night and ended up literally not sleeping at all.  No decongestants ever again for me.  Ever.  So I wasn't feeling great but was determined to join the party.

I didn't get any photos of actual biking (we did the long ride--a little over 8 miles), but I think this photo proves that biking was involved!  There were hundreds and hundreds of bikes parked all over.









Hillwood-Picnicking

After meeting up at Ft. Reno Park and wending our way through Upper Northwest Washington, DC, we ended up at the Hillwood Estate, the home of Post cereal heir Marjorie Merriweather Post.  It was my first time to visit the estate and it is just gorgeous.  Unfortunately, I didn't explore too much because I was pretty much dead on a picnic blanket the whole time, but there are a few photos in my flickr set.

Hillwood-Violinist




Picnicking was the main event, with food trucks if you hadn't brought your own and St. Germain cocktails available for purchase.

There were also activities, if that fit your fancy.  There was a band with swing dancing, the wandering violinist to the right, croquet, hula hooping, and golf putting, in addition to just wandering the grounds.





Hatmaking







One of the great things about the Tweed Ride and Seersucker Social is the opportunity to wear a hat!

In case you didn't have a chance to get one, they had a hat-making table with all kinds of fun papers to form into a suitable head-covering.
Gloves

Bloomers













I had much fun designing my look, and even got to bust out some of my vintage gloves.















 I also finally got around to making bike bloomers.  I've been meaning to do it for ages, as they will be much cooler than wearing bike shorts under my dresses all the time, as I do now.  You can read more about them here.


Trena's Look























































And here is the complete look!  Reviews to follow on the various components.  Thanks Cidell for joining me!  This wasn't all our biking for the weekend--On Sunday we rode 25 miles in Baltimore's Tour Dem Parks, Hon event.  But that is a story for another day...

All photos are here.  The flickr pool of all photos from the Social is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Rainbow quilt

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!