Just a quick peek....

I, and several others, have showcased McCall's 6436 over the past few months, so my blurb won't be too detailed this time.
Again, the sleeveless view (remember, it is heading into summer Down Under!) But this time I have 2 fellow bloggers to credit my design ideas to. No sneaky photos from behind closed change-room doors on this top!!!
First off, Pdiddly at P'thrifty sewing blog made the same shirt with a black placket - design steal #1. This idea just made the shirt colours pop!
This top has even adorn the Hyatt Hotel, Jakarta!

The back view of my top...

Just love the fabric - it is a Wenzel Australia fabric with a beautiful cool feel to it.
My next design-pinching idea has come from Suzy at Suzy Bee Sews. Suzy must have the biggest stash of funky fun lining fabrics that she pops inside most of the outfits she whips up... 
Fun facing inside one of her latest pairs of pants, and the lining of a fantastic jacket. Please, go and check out her latest sewing craze with pants - she has just nailed the fit to perfection...

Anyways, I have pinched Suzy's idea of a bit of colour popping by pulling out the jade colour in my fabric, and using it in the collar underside...
Not that obvious when I am wearing it, but if I ever get swept away in a gust of wind, and my collar flips up, well, colour popping I will be doing...

Now, time to do a little of this ....



...before starting on these ...














Does anyone else put off the domestic (boring) side of the day in favour of whipping up something new! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Rainbow quilt

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!