Pinterest motivation...

During the past winter I made up Simplicity 3790 twice ( here ) both with the cowl neckline. So for a change of pace, and flowing along with the  change in seasons, I thought a different view would be good - enter View E. View E is the short sleeved version, with a bodice instead of a cowl neck. 
This time my motivation came from this cute little top I found on Pinterest (aahhh, that's where my time is disappearing to lately!!!) Lucinda Poel has some really creative pins, and this was one of them...
Basically this top of Lucinda's is Simplicity 3790, minus the sleeves. So I fiddled and chopped the bodice piece (not the original) until I was happy, and used up a bit of spare fabric from the shelves.

Front, closeup and the sleeve/bodice detail...









And the best exciting view of all....the back...couldn't get much more exciting than that!!!
I wanted to try this change on the top, but have a feeling it is a bit on the frumpy side of things. So will give it give it a go at work this week, teamed with a pair of black pants (just soooo exciting), then decide if it is a winner stylewise or not. But definitely will be making more as the fit is fine...off to hem one more shirt...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt