When is a twist not a twist???

When it is described as a 'lapped front', of course! Which is exactly what Butterick 5484 is, though the line drawing does give the impression of it being a twist, not a lap ... obviously I chose a pattern here with my eyes closed, as I was expecting a twisty front...
Not to worry, the lapped front worked out well anyway. Not a bad pattern to whip up, and end result is on par with any of the current RTW tops found currently at the shops...
Talk about a quick top! Only 2 pattern pieces (front and back) to produce this, in about 1 hour from start to finish. And the next time will be even quicker, I'm sure. I used a belt buckle, and just nipped off the prong. But there isn't a huge exciting range of buckles out there in the shops! I do think my buckle gets lost a tad in amongst all the other circles...
The shoulder detail is pleated which gives fall nicely towards the buckle. I did top-stitch down a few centimetres on each pleat just to hold them in place...
The back is plain, with a centre seam which is great for tweaking at fitting...
I will be making a few more of these over the coming months for work, as it is just soooo easy to make, and wear....
Just tell me when to smile...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Rainbow quilt

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!