And here she finally is...

... my latest (and last for now) McCall's 5523. A little Summer Stunner in beautiful strong pastel colours ...
Summer Skirt 5523

... and the back ...

Again, a fun little skirt that I will get a lot of wear out of. And these colours really fit into my summer wardrobe well. Here are just a few of the ways I 'could' accessorize with this lovely new skirt ...



I 'could' team this skirt up with my lacy sleeveless white frilly shirt, and a short aqua tonal necklace. A little on the elegant side...










I 'could' pull the aqua blue out of the skirt, and accentuate the colour with a pearly apricot long necklace ...

Or I 'could' pull the apricot colours out of the skirt, highlighting them with a deeper shirt, and bring it altogether with a aqua/tan/off-white shorter necklace.














Many, many possibilities to draw this skirt into my wardrobe, utilising current wearable tops. I 'could' wear each and any of the above on any given day.   But, I have actually forgotten to mention the one perfect, perfect top that I 'will' be wearing with my new Summer Stunner today ...


It is just so stinking hot here that there is no other available option other than a bikini!!!!


For those interested, the technical details of this skirt include - it is View C (gathered lower back with ruffle detail), fabric is a cotton seersucker, it is lined with white cotton, and for the gathered section I used View A's lower flounced piece, invisible zipper, no fancy pops of colour this time, all seams French Seamed. 

Moving the sewing into another direction now this skirt is finished, and I am going to try my hand at sewing men's shirts ... should be interesting ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt