Stashbusting Sewalong

"I, Suzy, commit to using as many pieces as possible of stash fabric in 2013. I am committing to not buying any fabric just because its cheap and only getting fabric I have a clear idea for and is a natural fabric (no more polyester knits!)"

Shelves of apparel fabric

So the stash.....when I started sewing I would buy one piece of fabric, sew it up then buy another.....That went out the window pretty quick! To be fair, I only have Spotlight and Lincraft locally so when I see anything of decent quality on the clearance table/on sale I tend to snatch it up, but I still have way too much fabric and its time to cut right back!


Quilting fabric stash
I'm going to the Melbourne shopping day in February so I'm not buying anything until then and then am hoping to get over to Melbourne again in August for another shopping trip (yay, tax time!). Plus any extra money saved is going towards a new sewing machine (Janome 1600p-qc, mainly for quilting but will be used for normal sewing too, its ordered and going on layby next week!).

All my linings and satins are stuffed in the big drawers
 

The challenge is being held at Cation Designs and there is set challenges each month to do or like me, you can just sew as you please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt