My fancy has been tickled by...

... this contempory one-of-a-kind sewing room decor idea.
How cool and creative is that!!! Susan @ Living with Punks is one almighty inspirational OCD/ADD crafter  who just has 'the knack' at whipping up the most amazing things in her life. And she gives a step-by-step tutorial on how to make these up - just how good hearted is this lovely young lady!

These just look so clean, and striking, and I have always been memorised by the rows and rows of coloured threads, zippers and shiny buttons in fabric stores. So, off to IKEA for the frames, hunt the stash for what I had (as if there was any need to tip-toe down to the Lincraft sale) and lookie at what I made...
And because this is from my stash, I am claiming it as part of my STASHBUSTING for January (OK, a few days into February is still counted in my books!)
Sewing Room Ideas
Shadow box frames are from IKEA, as is the wall mounted shelf ...

Threads are just my favourite colours ... so glad I always buy extra at the sales ...
The word SEW is printed on canvas (Christmas gift from the ever-clever kids), from Typo, a to-die-for store that I love prowling through
So, tell me creative bloggie friends, what do you put on display in your little sewing cave - contemporary or antique, colourful or monochromatic, memory maker or must-have item ???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt