Tiramisu take 2 and Brisbane catch-up





I cut out this version straight after finishing the last one, I love this pattern!

I've had this fabric in my stash for a while, it was one of those preshirred fabrics that are hemmed on one end and shirred on the other, I suppose its so you could make a really quick strapless dress out of it. I chopped off the shirred bit and just used the bottom half. I had plans for this to be a teal knit on the top and the stripes on the bottom to break it up a bit, but the teal ended up too tight and got chucked aside. Luckily I had enough to cut out the bodice from the leftover stripes! I always seem to struggle with knits being either too stretchy or not stretchy enough!
Same sizing as last time, I did add about 1cm to the bodice front though and it sits nicely underbust now.


I love the stripe layout, the pattern makes it really easy, I cut everything in a single layout using this technique. It means the stripes are identical and makes it so much easier to sew.


I read a blog post the other day about the perfect hem length. My thigh and calves are the same length oddly enough so I need my skirts to hit straight across my knee. I don't usually hold too much stock in things like this but it does seem to work and I look less frumpy with this length skirt, so take it FWIW.


The Brisbane catch-up
 
 
Even though it was very short notice Judith and Summer Flies managed to meet me for a cuppa and a chat. It was fantastic meeting them face to face even though it was absolutely bucketing down with rain! I really enjoyed Brisbane, it's such a well laid out city and so easy to get around in. I did get a chance to drop into The Fabric Store and got some nice material for a future StyleArc polo top (I found the sales assistant a lot nicer/politer than the Melbourne ones!). On the way home I stopped in at Ballarat Patchwork and got some lovely material. If anyone is going thorough Ballarat stop for a look, the shop is such an explosion of colour and the most beautiful quilting fabric!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Impromptu Gulf Coast Bikini

Rainbow quilt