It's a wrap ...

... on this style of top for me for awhile! This is the second wrap-style top I have made this week, and for me, the jury is out. 
This pattern is Kwik Sew 3933 ...  a close fitting pull over top with a deep V-neckline - read the pattern, Judith!!! 
Deep V-neckline = plunging! 
Not work suitable at all. So I will only be wearing this top with a little cammi underneath. But I do think a cammi does work OK. And extra warmth in our approaching winter won't be such a bad thing.
The edges around the neckline aren't too bad for my first try with the CoverPro. The bonus is that I was able to eliminate the fiddly little facing piece that came with the pattern. Instead I just folded and sewed ...
The shoulder seam has a few gathers on each side at the front. Easily this could be pleated for a more streamlined look. Sometimes gathers look a little informal to me. Back is plain - it is meant to have a centre back seam but I choose just to lay the pattern on the fold and cut it as one. There is plenty of shaping happening from the side seams to suit my body shape.
The gathers at the side are very slimming and body friendly. Coupled with the uplifting scooped front hemline this top is quite flattering.
This makes top #3  in Faye's 2013 Essential Top Sew-A-Long -
Next up I am going back to making a shirt - a lovely crisp white shirt with grey flowers ... something I can put my new sleeve board to work with ...
And following on from all of your supportive comments about my sleeve board, the ham and sleeve roll will be next on my 'must-have' list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt