StyleArc: Wendy Pant



This pant is a pull-on stretch woven with a tabbed waistband. I used a stretch gabardine I got from fabric.com a few months ago.
I got a sz20 pattern and added to the front and back inner legs but given how stretchy this fabric was I don't think I needed it. I added to the back rise and scooped out the front.

I followed the instructions for the waistband but if I sewed them again I would do it differently - I'd sew the waistband and facing as one piece then serge it onto the pants instead of fiddling around and putting the waistband on then the facing.




The waistband is meant to be held shut with Velcro but I didn't have any so did a couple of jeans buttons and buttonholes.


Sorry for the grumpy face!

I've worn these the last couple of days, they have stretched/bagged out a fair bit but still fit ok, not sure how this fabric will last as it already feels slightly pilled. I think if they were made out of a Bengalene they would wear better and if I make them again (which I think I will) it will be out of Bengalene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt