Kwik and Easy ...

I am in need of a couple of little light early morning layers to wear to work. In my stash I had Kwik Sew 3693 which seemed to be exactly what I was after. End result is not one, but two new little jackety garments ready  for work this week...
First one is made using a boucle type summery knit fabric, I just loved the colours in it (but they are not very photo compliant!) -


Since this was the first time I tried this pattern, I basically followed it 'as-is.' But after pinning it together, I did ease in the side seams to take out that boxy look. Love the boxyness on the shoulders, but I do like a few curves to show as well...


And it was just sooooo easy to put together, only 3 pieces as the facing and neck are just extensions of the front. So easy, that I quickly pulled another one together...



This is View A, made in the recommended French Terry fabric. It turned out fantastic. The only change I made to the construction was to turn the facing to the outside, and use my coverstitch machine to finish the edges, also with the wrong side outermost! Very daring indeed!!!


Definitely a great little pattern if you need a very, very quick jacket to wear. Or made in a knit fabric they make an ideal cardi type jacket. Personally I wouldn't recommend the Polarfleece as being a great choice, way too thick to drape nicely. Also, you could have a lot of fun changing the shape of the front drape on this pattern. Or take the sleeves off and make a light weight lacy summer layer - endless possibilities, just not enough time to try them all...J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt