NewLook 6048 vs. Cake 0169






When we were in Brisbane I fell in love with a Hell Bunny dress. At the time it was too much money and I didn't have time to try it on so decided to copy cat it.


Its a real frankenpattern, the skirt is the pavlova circle skirt and the bodice started life as Newlook 6408. I'm not sure how much of that pattern is left though! I used my bodice block to adjust the princess seams, added a midriff band and shirred the back. I added on the bodice collar band too (is that what they are called?)


The fabric is from fabric.com its a little thicker than I would have liked, almost feels like a soft quilting cotton but it did sew up beautifully and has a nice drape on the skirt.


I self lined the bodice and left the skirt unlined


I cheated and got the piping from fabric.com too and the buttons are self cover ones.


I'm really happy with the fit, I did a couple of muslins for the bodice - I'm finally realising they take less time than fiddling with the fit later on! Its the first time I've really used the bodice block to adjust a dress and it worked surprisingly well and lots quicker than pin fitting and doing a FBA. The front could probably be dropped by a little but I've only tacked the straps at the back so I might loosen them slightly yet.

Twirly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victory Patterns 1002: Ava Dress

Bridesmaid dress: V.2 finished

Rainbow quilt