Time-saving Tip ...

... that I really must share. Probably something you all know, and I am last on the boat, but I will share it anyway.
In a recent issue of Dressmaking with Stitches, an Aussie sewing magazine ...
Vol 21 No 11
... there was this little tiny tip to help with keeping your sewing machine clean. Like all of you, I do the lint brushing thing, and de-fluff the bobbin etc. But when it comes to the sticky gunk that accumulates on the thread spool, well, it just seems to build up with each new spool of cotton. You know, that dreadful sticky label at the top of the thread spool, that when pushed onto the thread holder smears itself all over the stick!?! Here, let me share mine with you ...

... hard to see, but this is several layers of labels wrapped around each other. Totally YUK! Well, Stitches to the rescue ...

Light globe moment! And no joke, within one minute of doing this my faithful Janome was transformed to this ...
... all sparkling and sticky-free ready for a weekend of sewing! And the little thread holder actually fits back on the stick now! So thank-you  Stitches, thank-you Eucalyptus oil and on with the sewing ...

Just as a side note, today was World Teachers' Day! And my little lovely class had this delivered to me ...
... yes, there where chocies as well, but all gone now I'm afraid. So to all my fellow sewing-teaching-blogging friends - you will get this ... 
... which is only 7 more weeks for me ... J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Rainbow quilt

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!