Sewaholic 1403: Yaletown dress





I was lucky enough to pattern test this and I've been wanting to show it off since!

Its the new Sewaholic Yaletown dress and blouse. I made the dress mainly because I had enough fabric but I do want to make the blouse at a later date.

Fabric is a rayon from Darn Cheap Fabrics in Melbourne.


I made a sz16 with a couple of adjustments;
  • Graded out to a sz 18 at the bust/waist 
  • 1" FBA rotated down into gathers 
  • 1" wide back adjustment 
  • Took out 3cm of bodice length 
  • Shaped the bottom of the bodice (Once I had the bodice sewn I put it on, pinned out the gathers then marked a straight line around)
  • For once I didn't have to enlarge the sleeves so they are quite generous in size. 

I love this dress, it has pockets and an elastic waist that's hidden by the belt. I like that the facings are topstitched down so cant flip out and I like the added button at centre front to stop the wrap gaping. It such a pretty spring dress, just need some nice weather to wear it in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victory Patterns 1002: Ava Dress

Bridesmaid dress: V.2 finished

Rainbow quilt