Super Mario QAL: finished!



All finished!

The details;

  • All material is Prima quilting cotton from Spotlight and the wadding is low loft Bamboo also from Spotlight.
  • The blocks are from Cut to Pieces Mario quilt-along and I constructed them using a thin interfacing method from here .
  • Quilting is an allover loopy free motion stitch using a light grey cotton thread.

I found it pretty painstaking, cutting the interfacing apart so I could iron the seams open and flat took forever! But I am really happy with how it looks and I have all the materials to make another one for me.....maybe next year sometime!



Its an early Christmas present for my son who is a huge Mario fan (gets it from me, I still have the original Super Nintendo and games from the 1990's and the only computer game I play now is the Mario galaxy games :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt