Rag Quilt: Moda Coquette

 
After a big run of wadders lately (a skirt, couple of tops, a dress, kids boxer shorts and another MakeBra........) I needed a palette cleanser so made this little cot/lap quilt.


Its a rag quilt made from this tutorial. If you've ever had any interest in making a quilt this would be a fantastic one for a beginner. No binding, no hand sewing and you quilt as you go so there is no basting and no free motion quilting.

I used a charm pack from Moda's Coquette line which was not enough fabric so there's some plain and spotted fabric added that I had in my stash. The colours remind me of cupcake sprinkles :)
The back loveheart wasn't planned ahead, I just ran out of the raspberry backing fabric and had to make do!


Its turned out so soft and cuddly that my daughters put in an order and I want one in the lounge room too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt