Butterick 4443: Summer voile dress


 

Its starting to get really hot here and I love a cool cotton dress in the hot weather. I made this pattern last year and really liked it, very comfortable to wear, but this time I wanted a cooler fabric and for it to be shorter.
The fabric is a cotton voile from Spotlight, its vaguely see through so I lined the bodice in a stretch poplin but left the skirt in a single layer. I'll be wearing this around home or as a swimsuit coverup so it doesn't worry me if its a little bit thin.


Same adjustments as last time; size 20 with a 1" FBA and about 4-5" added to the back for shirring


With the shirring,  I don't think I've mentioned it but I always run a 6mm elastic through the very top row to stop it from gaping (I picked it up from a RTW dress I had). I also ran some elastic through the bottom row as well as it was a bit loose when I tried it on.


It was perfect to wear today down at the swimming lake, nice and cool in the heat wave we're having this week and easy to take on and off over bathers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Rainbow quilt

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!