Burdastyle Handbook: Hooded Coat



 

This is the third time I've made this for my daughter, its turned into her TNT coat pattern!
This version is similar to the last one, Sz 42 but I took it in at the waist and lengthened the bodice. I also took a 1/2" tuck out of the front bodice piece and pleated the skirt rather than gathering it. The hood is traced off a hoodie she has that fit well.


The fabric is a stretch drill from the best garage sale ever, its a mint colour but the photos all came out slightly darker than it is in real life. The lining was a satin she picked out, there was only enough to line the body so the sleeves are a poly lining from Great Nan's stash.



Since the skirt section was pleated I hid the pockets in a pleat, copying the directions from the Colette Macaron dress.


The buttons are reused from the first version of this pattern.


The belt was made mostly following Tilly's tutorial except I used elastic instead of interfacing and some press studs. Makes a really cute belt and I"ll be making more!


I did flat piping around the facings again, I really like how it looks and how little bulk it adds compared to normal piping.


Final word from the daughter;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victory Patterns 1002: Ava Dress

Bridesmaid dress: V.2 finished

Rainbow quilt