Why am I ...

... such a shocker when it comes to completing a garment? For the first 90% of making something I am dedicated, enthusiastic, committed, to the stage you could call me fanatical towards sewing. It's always full steam ahead planning, cutting and sewing. I am totally engaged in what I am doing. But then the nonchalant fairy waves her cool laid back wand over the room and before I know it, the next garment is being planned cut and 90% sewn. All this whilst the first one is removed from my mind, lazily hung up on a hanger awaiting the last few stitches to make it wearable ...

Left: Butterick 5917     Right: Vogue 8904

First up, I started (and nearly finished) Butterick 5917 - its a brilliant pattern! I love it! I'll be making more of this dress for summer. WOW! It was an absolute pleasure to fit and sew .... 

This is the one for my son's Valedictory in a few weeks - look at those beautifully finished front ruffles .....
Just look at this invisible zipper, fully inserted and working ...

But wait, is that the hemline not finished??? Oh, well! I guess this dress isn't needed to be worn just yet ...

And since it isn't needed, lets just pop it on the hanger and move on ... to Vogue 8904 - another WOW dress in my books! Not for me, but for my daughter who would like a new dress for this Friday night. 
Just look at those lovely layers, yes, a bit hard to see in this fabric, but in real life this dress is just beautiful.  And it's a no-hem dress - unlike the poor dress hanging in the background, there is hope for this dress actually being finished before the next garment gets a look in ...

Oh, dear! Is that just a quick neckline that needs to be finished? Too easy, will get to that tomorrow night. Because ... I started to make a new shirt on the weekend ...
A quick sleeveless version of McCall's 6436 for work. An easy to wear shirt that I regularly turn to. But is that pins in the hemline I see! Guess that is an omen for this poor shirt now. That, and the buttons haven't been sewn on yet. 
Please tell me I am not the only one that has commitment issues. There is just way too many great things to get my pins and scissors into, and not enough time in the day ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Impromptu Gulf Coast Bikini

Rainbow quilt