Hope the bees ...


... don't chase me in this bright floral dress! Butterick 5917 is finished! And do you know it really didn't take me that long at all. This was just the perfect pattern to sew ~ who would have thought a dress could be this easy ... 

The main feature of this dress is the gorgeous ruffle hugging the chest and neck areas ...

It is double folded, and just ever so easy to gather and insert! And in between is a little modesty panel ~ but I am seeing great ideas to use a lace insert here for a night-time feature. I played around with this little piece of fabric till I was happy with where it fell on my chest ~ too high and it made me look old, too low and everything under was on display!

The ruffle goes around the neck, and joins in with the invisible centre back zipper ...

I, naturally, needed a new pair of fresh white shoes to wear, and a new bag ~ but I think the bag is a little big for me ... will just have to keep shopping ... 

That is my November dress in the Make a Garment A Month Challenge

So I am adding my dress into the Butterick 5917 Wall-of-Fame! Check out all the other versions of this pattern that have been beautifully sewn ... 
Dellia Laugh Out Loud (and her dress-of-tears!)
Danvillegirl (has made 2 versions)
PrincessLeah1 (used a knit fabric)
Toy from trinilove (made a very classy LBD)
The Winter Queen (mixed it up with colour-blocking)
GoodbyeValentino (another with 2 versions)
Trinicity (and her smashing LBD)
Llanogirl (with a great vent finishing idea)
Jstarr (and her fav summer dress)

Each and every reviewer of this pattern has some brilliant tips and tricks for finishing off this gorgeous dress. Unanimous vote appears to be that Butterick 5817 is a winner ... I planned to wear this dress to my son's Valedictory in a few weeks ~ picture of me wearing it then ... J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt