KwikSew 3988: Yoga pants



More gym pants!


Kwik Sew 3988
I made view B with the legs shortened to just under my knee.

I'm not really sure what to say about this pattern - I am happy with the end product but the pattern itself was kind of weirdly drafted and the instructions were littered with spelling mistakes......

So the good things are: I like the way the waistband is constructed, it feels firm when done and I like the addition of elastic to the seam to stabilise it. I also like the design elements of the 2 piece waistband and the topstitching. I like how the waistband is finished and I like the shape of the legs.



The bad things are: Terrible crotch shape, the front barely has a curve. Here's a photo of the front pattern piece - the black lines are the original pattern and the red lines are my changes;


The back isn't much better either


Agreeably I normally have to add to the inner leg seam but the sizing is way off too. Going by the measurement chart the size XL should have been too small (I'm 39" waist and the XL is for a 37" waist) but I took about 7" from the waist measurement and it now fits me fine. I really should have started with a medium and added to the inner leg length but a Medium is meant to be for a 29" waist....

The fabric is from the clearance table at spotlight - its a cotton spandex and isn't too bad a quality, nice and stretchy with good recovery and even though its quite thin its not clingy or shiny.


So a bit of a mixed review, I will be making it again since I've adjusted it now but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are happy to make a muslin and do some fitting. Honestly if you are looking for a good yoga pant I would say the Style Arc becky yoga pant is miles better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Impromptu Gulf Coast Bikini

Rainbow quilt