Cake 0144: Tiramisu Dress



I was never that happy with the top that I made from this pattern, the underbust seam never sat right and it was too clingy. After seeing all the great versions at the Melbourne social shopping event though I figured it was worth another go.


This version is made from a cotton interlock from the clearance bin at The Fabric Store and the midriff band is black Ponte from the Alannah Hill outlet.
This fabric is a bit thicker and sits so much better! So I'll be using a plain interlock from now on, no more lightweight knits.


Pattern adjustments - the back is a 45, front is a 40D and the waistband/skirt is a 42.5". I extended the sleeves by 1.5" and widen them slightly by about .5". I find the pockets a bit floppy but not sure what can be done about that, plus just having pockets is worth it!


I am so glad I had another go at this pattern, it is just so comfortable and it skims the lumps and bumps so nicely. I actually jus cut out another one ready to sew up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victory Patterns 1002: Ava Dress

Bridesmaid dress: V.2 finished

Rainbow quilt