McCalls 6828: Owl Jacket



I'm calling this an Owl jacket but I actually think its meant to be a fox!

Lots easier to sew the second time around, I followed my own tips from last time plus used the accufeed foot/walking foot on my machine to make it sew up even easier!


One thing I didn't really notice last time it that the front button band is a bit offset, its meant to be topstitched onto the front as a separate piece of fabric but I like the look and neatness (plus the ease to bag out the lining) of a proper sewn on band. I unpicked and changed this one and have adjusted the pattern for next time (taken some off the fronts and added a front band on both sides instead of just the left side.....Hope that makes sense!)


This is another gift, its for the 1st birthday of a little girl whose Grandma I work with. Happy birthday Rubee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Impromptu Gulf Coast Bikini

Rainbow quilt