Simplicity 2446: Denim blazer




This is the second time I've made this pattern (first time was in a ponte) and I'm really happy with this version. I made a couple of fit changes and also made this one unlined.

The jacket looks slightly too tight in these photos. I wanted it to be very fitted as I'll most likely wear it open all the time (of course I forgot to get pics of my wearing it open, d'oh!) The sleeves are full length too, but I like them rolled up more.


There were a couple of fitting issues last time - mainly the excess near my arms/upper bust. I'm happy to say this was fixed by taking out excess length above the bust which also helped the lapels to sit smoother


I added an extra button which makes the front look more balanced.


The fabric is from Lincraft - its a thin stretch denim. I got it at the last sale and thought about making pants with it but its too thin and I'm glad I held off because its an awesome jacket material.


Original adjustments;
  • View C
  • Size 18 with a C-cup
  • 1" FBA
  • 1" upper arm adjustment

New adjustments:
  • Added 1" to sleeve cap length
  • Removed 1/2" length above bust
  • 1/2" swayback adjustment
  • Added a centre back seam
  • Added 1/2" to side seams because this fabric wasn't as stretchy as the ponte
  • Added width to the forearms so I can roll up the sleeves

I do have some bunching behind my neck so I'll be taking out a wedge next time and I've added some length to the body and sleeves.


Happy sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt