BurdaStyle 01/2013 #113: Layered jacket




I'm really not sure about this jacket. I loved the technical drawings and it on the model in the magazine but I'm not sure on me. Its quite a boxy jacket and the under layer is deceptively long, I cut it a lot shorter (probably a bit too short looking at these photos).


The chiffon under layer means the jacket slides around a lot so you are constantly pulling it back to sit at the front.
The instructions are atrocious as Burdas normally are, I winged it a fair bit on the construction and it all came together and looks pretty close to the drawing. I didn't add the back under layer because I didn't want to waste my chiffon!


Pattern Details:
Sz 44
1" FBA
Shortened the underlayer by about 5"
1" added to bicep width
Burdastyle Layer jacket







Materials;
The main fabric is leftover spandex knit from my yoga pants and the underlayer is a scrap of silk chiffon from Spotlight. I'm really glad I used a scrap because the fabric is a lot more beautiful than I first thought and I have enough left to make a dress.


All in all, I wouldn't sew this again, if I wanted a style similar to it I reckon I'd make a simple cardigan style jacket more fitted with princess seams and then just sew in a scarf around the neck to get a similar look but would fit a lot better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Rainbow quilt

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!