Just an Easter quickie ...


... just needed a quick little top, and thought I would try out an end-of-summer cowl neck. Last winter I made a few of Simplicity 3790 with sleeves, so gave a sleeveless version a go.
The fabric is just gorgeous to feel, a touch silky, and fairly bright and cheery. Very Eastery if I may say so ...

It looks super with my cream/beige skirt, or my black jeans for a casual look ... I tried to position more of the aqua colours in the cowl to be closer to my face ... 

And I didn't realise when I purchased the fabric, but there are actually butterflies flitting around the fabric ... I know, how could I miss a butterfly this big???

So I can safely pop this top into Faye's 2013 Essential Top Sew-A-Long ...

 

And just a quick family shot from a 'Do' we went to last Friday evening for my son's volleyball at school. Now I am about 5'6" tall (or what I call near enough to average), and wearing heels for the occasion. And still I look like a midget at a Land of the Giant's party...


Even my daughter and hubby are slouching somewhat to make me feel better...talk about being vertically challenged!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter weekend ... J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!

Rainbow quilt